The Railroad Heritage Alliance, Inc. (RHA) was started in February 2011. After many meetings to form the organization, membership is growing at a very fast rate. The organization was incorporated in the State of Tennessee as a volunteer organization.
The mission of the organization is preserving the history of railroads and promoting the future of rail transportation.
RHS' purpose is to serve the general membership and local member groups through the following services:
- A quarterly news bulletin issued electronically every quarter. This bulletin features, but is not limited to
- articles on preservation projects
- articles relating to promotion and growth of rail services, both passenger and freight
- announcements of rail events, schedules and activities.
- An annual report of Local Member Group activities for the year, including information provided to include officers, contact information, meeting date, time, location and summary of activities for the year. This report will be provided on CD media.Members without computer access can request and be provided with a hard copy of news bulletin and/or annual activities report.
General Membership Meetings
The General Membership meetings will be held throughout the Eastern United States. Everyone is welcome to attend. Meetings will be announced in the newsletter and on the RHA web site.